Congratulations to our First Fitness Champion 2000
We got together with Israel Reyes to ask him a few questions about his participation in our First Ever Annual Bujintech Fitness Challenge. At the time he began the contest, Israel was still a 10th kyu white belt, having only signed up a few weeks before the start of the contest.
1. What did you think about the idea of a fitness contest as part of your martial arts training? I thought it was a great idea! Never before in my life had I been a part of such a thing. I think this also will make me a better warrior.
2. Did the testings meet or exceed your expectations? It wasn't easy. It was what I was expecting because it was hard for me, but it made me happier.
3. Did you notice any improvements in your training or in your life during the 3 months of the contest? I noticed I got a little bit stronger. I became more responsible about my diet, I got more flexibility and I also got healthier.
4. How did you feel about yourself after the last testing? I was expecting to perform better than I did.
5. Do you think the contest was a good idea? Why? Yes, because I think every martial artist should be fit, strong, flexible and in good condition.
6. What did you think about the prizes that were offered? I think they are great. Especially the book about the Nine Schools of the Bujinkan.
7. How has the contest helped your martial arts training? It gave me more strength so I can practice longer without getting tired.
8. Is there anything that you feel could have been done differently or better? No. Personally, I liked everything.
Come back soon.
We will be posting pictures of our winners on this very page!